To assist our Watford team in helping to grow the firm, the duties you will carry out are:
- To support the management and Principals of the firm.
- To review and manage a portfolio of jobs within the accounts team.
- To manage the financial aspects, servicing and developing a client portfolio, including budgeting, negotiation, billing and recovery.
- Managing statutory accounts preparation assignments and controlling assignment teams.
- Preparation of Corporate Tax Returns in conjunction with accounts for FRS 105 clients.
- Finalising accounts under the overall control of the Senior Manager and Principals.
- Working with Xero and QuickBooks Online and ability to advise cloud-based clients.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- ACA qualified (2 to 5 years PQE).
- Significant accounting experience gained within a professional services environment.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting standards and corporate tax matters.
- An ability to demonstrate significant experience and knowledge with cloud accounts packages (particularly Xero and QuickBooks Online) and various App integrations.
- Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work is undertaken appropriately.
- Excellent communication and people management skills. Evidence of a history of managing staff and clients successfully.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure in a calm and collected manner to meet tight deadlines.
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills and an ability to manage junior team members.
- Full time role – Monday to Friday (hybrid)
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
- Right to Work in the UK required.
The package will include:
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
- Annual Leave will be 25 days per annum (pro rata). 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
To apply for this position please complete the application form.
If you have any questions please contact Liz Constantinou on 01923 634319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org