Countdown to Brexit – 107 days to go

Hillier Hopkins LLP

Chartered Accountants & Tax Advisers

Call +44 (0)330 024 3200 and discover how we can help you.

If you are a VAT registered business, you should receive a letter from HMRC explaining what you need to do to get ready for 1 January if you import or export goods from the EU.

These requirements include:

  • making sure you have a UK Economic Operator Registration and Identification (EORI) number
  • deciding how you will make customs declarations
  • checking if your imported goods are eligible for staged import controls.

The full letter and further detail is available on HMRC’s website. You can also read more on the post Brexit tariffs which were published back in May and our VAT and Indirect Tax expert Ruth Corkin commented on the most notable points to come out of the recent government Brexit talks in June.

If you are concerned about the upcoming changes, or have questions on what your business needs to do to prepare for Brexit please contact Ruth Corkin on


Do you need extra information?

Ruth Corkin - Prinicipal - VAT and Indirect Tax Advisory at Hillier Hopkins

Ruth has been involved with VAT for over 30 years. She started her VAT career as a Customs and Excise Officer in Essex and then moved into consultancy with a variety of well-known accountancy firms. She is well known in the VAT world and is the proud author of many articles and technical works.

Contact Ruth at or on +44 (0)1908 713860

Based at the following office - Milton Keynes, Watford and London