HMRC have shared details on how eligible customers can get ready for the invitations to claim the 5th SEISS (Self-employment Income Support) Grant online.
To get started, customers can search ‘SEISS’ on GOV.UK anytime from their personal claim date until 30 September 2021.
To confirm their eligibility and make their claim, customers will need their:
- Turnover figure for a 12-month period from April 2020 to April 2021
- Turnover figure for 2019/20 or 2018/19 if required.
- National Insurance number: customers can find this on the HMRC app, their online Personal Tax Account (PTA) or by asking their tax agent if they have one.
- Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number: customers can find this on their Self Assessment papers, in their PTA or by asking their tax agent.
- Government Gateway user ID and password: To avoid delays, customers should check that they can log in to the Government Gateway before their personal claim date. If customers don’t have an account, or have forgotten their details, they can follow the instructions on GOV.UK by searching ‘HMRC services: sign in or register’. Customers should also check that their contact details are correct in their Government Gateway account.
- Bank account number and sort code: For a building society account, customers should include the roll number if they have one.
For further details on the SEISS scheme take a look at our helpful PDF guide and get in touch if you need support.