This is a Tax role, based primarily at our Watford office, reporting to a Tax Principal. The role will provide an exciting opportunity to manage the compliance affairs of a wide-ranging portfolio of corporate and personal clients, and develop technical experience by supporting the Business Tax Team in providing advisory services on more complex tax matters such as incorporations, IT/CGT planning, reconstructions and demergers, share schemes and EIS/SEIS. The duties will include:
- Carrying out tax work in accordance with the Firm’s procedures.
- Preparation of Corporate Tax Returns. Dealing with enquiries and assisting staff and Principals.
- Considering tax planning issues.
- Accepting responsibility for a portfolio of clients under the supervision of the Corporate Tax Principal.
- Maintaining a record of Corporation Tax Returns and ensuring all Returns are filed on time.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- CTA qualified (essential).
- Experience gained in practice.
- Ability to work on a portfolio of OMB’s, taking responsibility for compliance work and identifying tax planning opportunities.Understanding interaction with non-corporate taxes an advantage.
- Ability to communicate well with clients and colleagues.
- Good IT skills and a good technical ability.
- Be a team player with good interpersonal skills and an ability to manage junior team members.
- Full time role – Monday to Friday (hybrid).
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
The package will include:
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of 3 months’ service (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non contributory) following completion of 3 months’ service.
- Annual Leave will be 25 days per annum (pro-rata), 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
To apply for this position please complete the application form.