To assist our Watford team in helping to grow the firm, the duties you will carry out are:
- Administer SQL Server including maintaining databases and writing queries.
- Supporting Powershell and Visual Basic scripts.
- Assist with Administration and maintaining corporate infrastructure, including Active Directory, Windows Server, Citrix, Microsoft Azure and Sharepoint.
- Administer the automation of software applications and desktop operating systems.
- Assist with support of Office 365, Exchange Online & Microsoft Teams (including Telephony).
- Assist 1st / 2nd line support staff and deal with escalated incidents.
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date.
- Provide cover for 1st / 2nd line support.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2016+ and Powershell.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including Exchange Online.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10.
- Experience in installing and updating software/applications in a network environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to perform research into systems/applications for support and continued enhancement.
- Knowledge of the following would be of benefit:
- Citrix Virtual Apps, Desktop services and VDI.
- Microsoft Sharepoint and Intune (Deployment Services).
- Visual Basic.
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development.
- A desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals.
- To continually strive to improve overall the firm’s effectiveness.
- Strong communicator.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people.
- Strong time management and self-motivation skills.
- A lateral thinker.
- Keeping up to date with current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices.
- Full time role – Monday to Friday
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
- Right to Work in the UK required.
The package will include:
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
- Annual Leave will be 23 days per annum (pro rata). 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nikki Shafren, Human Resources Manager on 01923 634275.