To assist our Watford team in helping to grow the firm, the duties you will carry out are:
- Preparing complex personal, partnership, trust and corporation tax returns.
- Reviewing tax returns prepared by other members of the team.
- Supporting the team with other tax filings throughout the year including P11d’s, PSAs, ATED, Form 42 and EMI40 returns.
- Liaising with clients to discuss queries and arranging submissions to HMRC.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and ensuring that payments and returns are filed on time.
- Drafting responses to HMRC correspondence and enquiry notices.
- Providing advice on tax planning matters including capital allowances, HMRC clearances, R&D claims, share schemes and SEIS/EIS investments under the supervision of Tax Managers and Principals.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- ATT, ACCA or ACA qualified.
- 5 years + tax experience gained in practice.
- Part qualified CTA or a desire to study towards CTA qualification (training support will be given).
- Good IT skills and a good technical ability.
- Be a good team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Full time role – Monday to Friday (hybrid).
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
- Right to work in the UK required.
The package will include:
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
- Annual Leave will be 25 days per annum (pro rata). 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
To apply for this position please complete the application form.