To assist our Watford team in helping to grow the firm, the duties you will carry out are:
- Accepting responsibility for all weekly, monthly and quarterly payrolls, ensuring effective and efficient workflow. To include managing all aspects of client payrolls from start to finish: processing of starters and leavers, maintaining personal data, calculating statutory absence payments, processing termination payments and payments after leaving.
- Arranging BACs payroll payments, including salary payments, monthly tax liabilities and third party payments where necessary.
- Ensuring all payroll reports are generated and filed electronically in PDF format on payroll client file.
- Processing payrolls in a manner that ensures client payrolls are compliant with statutory and professional regulations.
- Ensuring all day to day payroll tasks are completed in line with departmental payroll processing timetable.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries and tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Minimum of 2 years payroll experience.
- Previous experience of working in an accountancy practice, or to have worked in a payroll department dealing with a high volume payroll.
- Good working knowledge of payroll systems (Star would be preferable).
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Customer service orientated.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- An IPP qualification would be advantageous, but is not mandatory.
- Experience of School payrolls would be an advantage.
- Full time role – Monday to Friday (combination of office/home working).
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
The package will include:
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
- Annual Leave will be 23 days per annum (pro rata). 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Nikki Shafren, Human Resources Manager on 01923 634275.