As an Assistant Manager in VAT you will assist in proactively growing the VAT practice and be part of a team to provide a specialist and comprehensive VAT advisory service to all business clients. You will need to demonstrate and carry out:
- Work alongside the management team to grow the business and expansion of the VAT client base, some of which will be through marketing events.
- Assist to minimise client’s VAT liabilities and compliance issues and identify tax planning opportunities.
- Translate VAT laws and knowledge into specific actions and procedures with clients under the guidance of the senior Indirect Tax Team.
- Review and complete VAT Returns and other VAT/indirect reporting requirements from a wide ranged portfolio of clients.
- Provide intelligent and creative solutions to client VAT issues reactively and proactively under the guidance of the senior Indirect Tax Team.
- Liaise with and meet clients, developing a clear understanding of the business and client expectations.
- Identifying VAT tax planning opportunities, advising clients and implementing chosen options under the guidance of the senior Indirect Tax Team.
- Identify risks and issues and propose solutions under the guidance of the senior Indirect Tax Team.
- Write /present high quality VAT reports, requiring minimal input from the senior Indirect Tax Team.
- Support the senior Indirect Tax Team, whilst working together with multiple teams and Principals, as necessary, across the firm on ad-hoc advisory work in order to deliver solutions.
- Assist with the training and development of the junior team members.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- CTA qualified (or ACA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Knowledge of UK and EU VAT issues and some knowledge of ROW issues.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a professional services role.
- Strong technical ability.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to liaise across multiple disciplines internally and externally to the firm, managing resource and work with team members to get the job done.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Full time role – Monday to Friday (flexible time policy – combination of office/home working).
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
- Right to Work in the UK required.
The package will include:
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
- Death In Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Annual Leave will be 25 days per annum, 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
To apply for this position please complete the application form.
If you have any questions please contact Liz Constantinou on 01923 634319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org