Traders have had to cope with huge changes to the customs regime since Brexit and there are still more to come.
Ruth Corkin, our VAT and customs expert, has put together a Customs Update seminar which aims to bring you right up to date and give you practical steps you can take to get ready for what’s to come.
What we will cover:
- Are you ready for the new Customs Declaration Service? CHIEF users need to have moved to CDS by 30 November, we’ll take you through some last minute steps to get ready and highlight any issues and pitfalls to avoid.
- Additional paperwork for all imports from 1 January 2024
- Why you may end up paying duty or double duty in the EU and how to mitigate that
- Changes to packaging and labelling requirements in GB
- A look at the Border Target Operating Model. This is a new approach to importing food and animal products that will have significant implications for businesses. Understand how the governmental plan to implement this and what it means for your business.
- What is the Single Trade Window (STW) and how to get ready. The STW aims to centralise all customs and excise interactions through a single technology platform. This concept is already implemented in New Zealand, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States and the UK Government is committed to doing the same.
- The EU’s Emissions Trading System (ETS) will be introduced from Jan 1 2024. Find out how this will affect ferry transport and shipping costs.
Who should attend?
This is relevant to anyone who is involved with the trading of goods outside of the UK.
Free to attend and face to face workshops include lunch and refreshments. Space are limited so book now to avoid disappointment.
Questions about this event? Please contact Kirsten Byers on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01923 634 252.