I have just arrived in the UK – how do I register for tax?

You no longer need to notify HMRC of your arrival unless you are an employee, in which case your employer will do so.  If you have income or gains which will be taxable, or need to claim the remittance basis of taxation, you will need to complete and submit a tax return. In this case you will need to register with HMRC in the same way as any other UK resident and complete a tax return each year.

To find out more, call us on +44 (0)330 024 3200 and speak to one of our residence and domicile experts.

Subscribe to our Newsletter