Frequently Asked Questions

Hillier Hopkins LLP

Chartered Accountants & Tax Advisers

Call +44 (0)330 024 3200 and discover how we can help you.

Showing FAQ's related to: international services

The new rules now state that gains on all UK land and property, both residential and non-residential, and direct as well as indirect disposals, will be liable for CGT from non-residents.Read more

You no longer need to notify HMRC of your arrival unless you are an employee, in which case your employer will do so.Read more

The UK has introduced a series of tests to determine whether you are resident here for tax purposes. These are based on the number of days you spend in the UK and your relationship with the country.Read more

Setting up a UK company could not be easier. The cost of setting up a company with a default Memorandum and Articles of Association (the “constitution” for a UK company) is nominal.Read more

Doing business overseas is invariably complicated. It is necessary to consider completely different cultural issues, markets, regulations, laws, and tax regimes.Read more