To assist our IT team, the duties you will work towards carrying out are:
- Handle and assist with some Helpdesk 1st line queries.
- Installation and configuration of laptops and desktops PCs.
- Assist with new starters and leavers checklist and processes.
- Supporting all team members with adhoc tasks.
- Restore backups for applications and data.
- Installation of hardware and software.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Able to attend college 1 day per week in term time
- Good verbal, and face-to-face communication.
- GCSE English Language and Mathematics at Grade 4(C) or ideally above.
- Ideally educated to BTEC or A’ Level standard.
- IT competent and be familiar with Windows desktop environment.
- Ability to be resilient and make common sense judgements within own workload.
- To be able to work efficiently and accurately.
- Good inter-personal skills, working well with colleagues, clients and the IT team.
- Full time role – Monday to Friday
- Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
- Right to Work in the UK required.
The package will include:
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
- Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week’s salary.
- Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
- Death in Service scheme cover (4x salary).
- Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
- Annual Leave will be 23 days per annum (pro rata). 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject box, or call Nikki Shafren, Human Resources Manager on 01923 634275.