SDLT has gained a lot of press recently, mainly due to excitement surrounding the temporary ‘holiday’ rates which ended on 30th September 2021.
Many have taken advantage of the holiday rates and upsized or left the city for county life but moving house can be very expensive so many buyers are querying whether there are any legitimate ways to reduce their liability.
This live and interactive session presented by Tax Manager and property expert Natasha Heron will cover the basic principles, why the classification of a purchase is important, available reliefs and lessons to be learnt from the Courts.
This webinar will include discussion of the following:
- Basic principles of residential purchases
- Summary of 3% HRAD (higher rates on additional dwellings)
- 2% Non-resident surcharge
- Multiple Dwellings Relief
- Other reliefs
- Mixed use-purchases – benefits and drawbacks
- Uninhabitable properties
- Claim deadlines