Reliefs are available for example if you are planning to, or have previously bought property that is dilapidated; has multiple dwellings or out-houses; or consists of a mix of residential and business use, it is likely that are reliefs and savings available. One of the most common reliefs that we assist people with is Multiple Dwellings Relief (MDR) which can provide significant SDLT savings.
How it works
- We carry out an initial assessment to establish whether your transaction is likely to qualify for relief (this stage is free of charge).
- If you are happy to proceed then you’ll receive a report detailing the SDLT treatment of your purchase including an illustration of the reliefs available.
- If you have not purchased the property we will assist your conveyancing solicitor with the preparation of the SDLT1 return.
- If you have already purchased the property, we will apply to HMRC on your behalf to reclaim the overpayment.
- Our fees are on either a fixed or contingency basis and will be agreed with you in advance.
If you have a question or would like to arrange an initial assessment, please contact our expert at the bottom of this page.